Wednesday, November 12, 2008

GumboWriters: Sample Query Letter that Worked #16

Dear Donna:

They snickered at him when he said the wrong answer in school. They called him stupid, teachers called him unruly, too difficult to handle and a menace to society at the age of 13. No good, not worthy of their time, all words he heard over and over again. He wondered if anyone would ever understand him at all. And he wondered if anyone really loved him. And all because little did they know he had ADHD.

Donna, I am a doctor, a psychologist in the field of developmental studies to be exact. I have been a clinical therapist for over 24 years. I know first hand what the young man I described was going through, not only because I deal with it every day as a psychologist but because well, Donna, that young man was my son and it was me. I too have ADHD.

I overcame it and have made it my mission to help others deal with it, especially parents exhausted after having tried every medication and scheme there is. They come to me as a last resort and when they leave, their problem, their child's problem is finally on the road to being fixed.

    Over 17 million people are affected by this disorder. In my book, 30 Days to Correcting Your Child's Learning Challenges it addresses these people. Experts call my techniques ground-breaking. Some call them controversial but one thing they all agree on, these techniques work. In my book, I outline step-by-step techniques parents can use to help treat their kids.

Although at the time, I specialize in consulting parents of young children, 5-7 years old, these techniques were developed over years of successfully treating severe behavior problems. I am known as a leading expert on the subject. In fact, I was a presenter at the Annual CHADD International Conference on ADHD in Washington, D C.

In my book, I discuss a behavior management system I developed for a classroom of eleven 4th and 5th graders with severe behavioral symptoms of ADHD and ADHD/ODD. By March of that particular school year 3 teachers had walked out either during the day or did not show up the next day. In a matter of a few weeks, with use of these techniques the entire class was under control.

    This book is more than a step-by-step guide it is also a warning and a critical analysis of other treatments for ADHD and what to watch out for. So many desperate parents are lured into programs scammers wanting to attract vulnerable parents so they can be fleeced by these predators. I know the desperation of a parent after all, my son too has ADHD.

I would love to share my manuscript, 30 Days to Correcting Your Child's Learning Challenges with you for consideration for literary agency representation. If you would like to take a look, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

Dr. Lily Nickers

____________________________________________________________
Jeff Rivera: Need help getting an agent? We'll help you craft the perfect query letter and send it to the right list of agents. We guarantee you will receive at least 10 reputable and legitimate literary agents requesting your work or your money back. Contact: gumbomarketing@gmail.com for more information.