Monday, November 10, 2008

GumboWriters Successful Query Letter Sample #1

Dear Johnny:

My name is Bob Fisher and I'm the author of 8 published books, most notably the "Green Grass" series (Urban Books) which has sold over 90,000 copies to date.

I'm very happy with my success but I have never had an agent and I know if I wish to step up to the next level, I really need to partner with an agent who shares my vision of expanding beyond urban audiences into the mainstream market like Walter Mosley and James Patterson.

I have been encouraged to partner with the right representation by the support of my peers. In fact, I was humbled to have three New York Times Bestsellers Sam Sammy, Barb Bushwick quoted as calling me a "brilliant" author and one of two authors to watch.

I currently have a contract offer for my fourth & fifth books in the "Green Grass" series as well as a contract for another book in another series I've created. I would like for an agent to review the contract. And I'd love to discuss with you the steps I'll need to take so that together we can build a really solid mainstream career.

If you are interested in taking a look and talking about my next set of ideas for novels please contact me.

Warm Regards,
Bob Fisher

____________________________________________________________
Jeff Rivera: Need help getting an agent? We'll help you craft the perfect query letter and send it to the right list of agents. We guarantee you will receive at least 10 reputable and legitimate literary agents requesting your work or your money back. Contact: gumbomarketing@gmail.com for more information.