Friday, December 12, 2008

Mary Sue Seymour - Literary Agent

How long have you been agent and how did you get your start Mary Sue ? 1992 - i was a teacher, and also a writer - had three different agents, began my agency as a hobby - the first book i sent out sold a 4 book deal to Bantam - quite my teaching job and just agented

What makes your agency different than any others? Since i am a christian, i genuinely care about my clients - they are very real people to me - i enjoy travelling to conferences [ i do one a month] meeting with them and taking them out to dinner

What are you looking for specifically that you wish you would see more of? Inspirational fiction - mainly in-spy romances

Mary Sue what are you tired of receiving? Material i don't handle

How can a new writer get your attention in a good way? A postive one page query that demonstrates great writing

How can a signed writer stay in your radar without driving you insane? Email

What do you wish more writers understood about you as an agent Mary Sue that they don't seem to? I handle inspy romances mostly - that's my bread and  butter
 
What's the best way for a writer to reach you? Email or paper query