Wednesday, November 12, 2008

GumboWriters: Sample Query Letter that Worked #26

Dear Bob,

 

My head was on throbbing headache number 150 — as in 150 proof powerful.  My brain was on overload and I was trying my best to maintain my cool. But how could I maintain my cool when someone had just tried to murder my baby girl?

 

Bob, my name is Major Woody Davidson. I spent 21 years in the military where I worked on top secret missions for many state and government agencies including the FBI & CIA.  I write suspense thrillers and my writing has been compared with Walter Mosley & Robert Ludlum's styles.

 

Forget It is my latest novel.  In it, for the first time in 30 years, FBI agents are the victims of random killings.  It's up to Special Agent Kenny "KC" Carson to capture the killers when they find out that every hate group in America has banded together against them. What's worse, the killers may very well be FBI agents themselves.

 

Bob, I was also the managing editor of Classy Lady Magazine and have written many articles for Navy Patrol Magazine and Looker Magazine. Coupled with the fact that I also earned a Masters Degree in Human Resources and a Bachelor's of Science in Technical Aeronautics, this has created a wealth of inside knowledge that is fertile ground for my novels.

 

I have written 3 novels so far but this is the first time I've ever approached a literary agency. So I figured I might as well start with the best, right? That's why I approached you.

 

If you would like to take a look at Forget It, please feel free to contact me.

 

Sincerely,

Woody Davidson

Major (Ret), USAF

____________________________________________________________
Jeff Rivera: Need help getting an agent? We'll help you craft the perfect query letter and send it to the right list of agents. We guarantee you will receive at least 10 reputable and legitimate literary agents requesting your work or your money back. Contact: gumbomarketing@gmail.com for more information.