Monday, November 10, 2008

GumboWriters Successful Query Letter Sample #3

Dear Bob:

I'm so excited because one of the books I have ghost-written hit the New York Times Bestsellers list! Another hit the Essence Bestsellers list and yet another is being made into a film. Out of the 12 books I've had published, 6 were written under my name and I've sold a combined total of over 200,000 copies so far.

But something's missing. Although I've written & published everything from YA to Erotica, my heart is in writing women's fiction. I've worked really hard and have accomplished it so far without an agent. That's where you come in. <--- Insert your name right in that sentence Bob.

I'm prolific, you might say. And how I do it with two kids, (including a 2-month old I just gave birth to),a husband to take care of, while at working in the news department at a radio station, I'm not quite sure. I've been a news report and journalist for years. But when I'm not burping the baby, cleaning up after my own damn husband and dealing with my neurotic boss, I write. They say I'm sort of a Terry McMillan meets Jennifer Weiner. In fact, I have just completed 8, yes 8, (that's not a misprint) new manuscripts and I'm looking to find an agent who is just as dedicated to my long-term career as I am.

The one I'm most excited about is Hug Me Like You Mean It which is a story about a woman who wants everything and is willing to do anything to get it.

If any of this sounds interesting to you, please touch base and let's talk.

Cordially,
Diane Smuthers

____________________________________________________________
Jeff Rivera: Need help getting an agent? We'll help you craft the perfect query letter and send it to the right list of agents. We guarantee you will receive at least 10 reputable and legitimate literary agents requesting your work or your money back. Contact: gumbomarketing@gmail.com for more information.