Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Welcome to GumboWriters.com

Welcome to GumboWriters.com

In 2004 I was broke, I was depressed and I was confused about my life. I had this crazy idea that I could write a novel, self-publish it and somehow win a million to one odds to have it picked up by a major publisher. I was down to my last few coins, my last packet of Ramen Noodles and trying to choose between riding the bus or buying another packet of Ramen Noodles. But I decided to go for it anyway.

I wrote the novel, based on a screenplay that had already been rejected numerous times by Hollywood, called Forever My Lady. I took my last few bucks printed off as many copies as I could and set out to promote the book the only way I could afford, online.

Trial and error, I was going to succeed even if that meant "failing my way to the top". It worked. Soon, I had over 8000 people that had read Forever My Lady either online or in print, I landed an agent and within 7 days I had an offer from Warner Books/Grand Central Publishing.

This is my story. This is my way of giving back. If you're struggling wondering what to do next, how to promote your book, whether to publish or self-publish, wondering how to land an agent, this website is for you.

It is filled with writing tips, blog articles, interviews with editors and agents and tons of tips on how to promote your book using low cost and zero cost techniques that actually work.

We also offer a way to get our assistance either as a personal coach to you or to hire Gumbo Marketing to do your entire promotional campaign for an affordable monthly fee. Why pay $5000-20,000 on a campaign when you're trying t figure out how to pay rent. We're here to help people like that as well.

Take a look, explore and enjoy the website. If there's anything we can do to help you, contact us at: GumboMarketing@Gmail.com

And join our newsletter at: gumbowriters@googlegroups.com for up-to-date news, reviews and interviews!