Wednesday, November 12, 2008

GumboWriters: Sample Query Letter that Worked #30

Dear Jeff:
Angelo Toni calls my book  Apple a Day, "magical".  Granted, she is my aunt, my mother and her are sisters.  She is the most remarkable woman, more than the public even knows.   She was a very strong source of encouragement for me to fulfill my desire to write this book.

 

I remember that day vividly, Jeff.  The doctor said he didn't know what hit him.    He died immediately, to think I had just spoken to my father that morning and was planning to visit them.  


It made me think about my true purpose here on this earth. To help older children and adults who may be going through difficult times and to be able to whisk them away, if only for a moment, to escape their pain into the whimsical worlds I create in my books.

 

My first book, The Apple a Day tells the story of a cornucopia of odd creatures that combine forces to save a walking, talking well ...pear from the clutches of a ghoulish baker and her evil henchmen.

 

Midwest Review called my book, "Imaginative and one that will hold your attention from beginning to end." Book Shelf Reviews called said it was, "An ideal quick read." While Stories for Kids Magazine called it, "extremely imaginative and suspenseful."

 

Like a modern whimsical journey through Alice and Wonderland and The Wizard of Oz, The Apple a Day is a chapter book written for today's children and adults alike.    It is entertaining without the use of magic or spells which is ideal for parents and teachers that prefer the stories their children read not to involve any witchery.


I am already prepping my next books and I have a very flexible schedule which allows me to leave and be where I need to be for any promoting.  I don't believe in just sitting back and waiting for everyone else to do the work. I'm willing and able to go through the trenches and work with a partner who has the same mindset.


If you would like to take a look at my book, please contact me.


 

Best Regards,
Susan Rockingsville