Sunday, November 9, 2008

RichWriters Inspiration: Rich Writer vs. Poor Writer

Let us talk about being poor. There is a difference between being poor and acting poor. You can have pennies to your name, pennies and act like you have a million bucks. It is all about the mindset. You know what really matters because if you have a roof over your head and something to eat, that is really all that matters. And if you continue to feel weak because you do not have as much as somebody else, you are choosing to feel that way and why? Because your value; you are so much more than that job that you have. You are so much more than that cheap little apartment you have, that you are living in. You are so much more than that. Your value is not determined by what you have and what you wear. Your value is determined on who you are and that is what matters.

 

                        So if you say to yourself, "Oh, I am poor." The universe says, "You are? Okay. Do you know why I believe you," the universe just says, because you are acting like it, because you are dressing like it, because you are stressing out like it. But if you start acting differently and you say to yourself, "You know what? I am not going to buy the cheap cereals. I am going to buy that cereal that I want to buy. I am going to show the universe." And I am not going to be thinking, "Oh my God, I could have spent it to some butter and I can buy two more loaves of bread for the price of the cereal." No. I am not going to do that. I am going to show the universe I am going to buy the cereal because I like the cereal. I like my crunchy corn flakes and yes it cost $4 more than the normal corn flakes but that is the best kind and it tastes good. I am not going to buy it because I want to prove anything. I am going to buy it because I want it and I am not going to stress about money. I am not poor and I never have been poor. I am Jeff Rivera, I am Shelley Winters, I am Marilyn Monroe, I am Joe Fish, I am Bobby Thornberry, whatever. That is who I am.

 

                        I am not and never will be poor. I am who I am and that determines my value. Not some label that somebody places on me and I will not allow myself to associate with people who think that they are poor nor will I allow myself to associate with people who think that I am poor. I choose to associate myself with people who feel free, who do not stress or think about money, who are not penny pinchers and scrounging every little penny. I chose to be around people who think in abundance because that feels better, and that is what you are really accomplishing anyway. You are trying to feel better about yourself and that is what really matters.

 

                        So be around people who also feel the same way and if that means having one friend instead of a hundred, it is better to have one quality friend than have 100 bad friends. Think about that. I am not nor will I ever be poor. I am rich. I am Jeff Rivera, I am Marilyn Monroe, I am Bobby Turner, I am Richard…whatever; that is who I am. I am, answer your name. That is who I am and I, only I, determine who I am nobody else."